The “Animal Stories Photo Contest” contest is provided by the Gardiner Museum and the individual prize sponsors (the “Contest Sponsors”.) All questions regarding the contest rules should be directed to the Gardiner Museum, 111 Queen’s Park, Toronto ON M5S 2C7.
1. No purchase necessary. Eligible persons may enter by completing and submitting an original entry form available online at www.gardinermuseum.com. This contest will live on gardinermuseum.com and all entries must be received online. To participate, fully complete the Official Entry Form.
2. This contest starts on October 10, 2013 12:01 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) and ends on December 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM (EDT).
3. All entries become the property of the Gardiner Museum and none shall be returned.
4. Prize Details: There will be two (2) prizes. There will be one (1) grand prize winner and one (1) runner-up prize winner. Photos received through the Gardiner Museum’s official contest submission form found on gardinermuseum.com on or before the entry closing date of December 1, 2013 at 11:59 pm (EDT) will be eligible. The grand prize winner will receive: four (4) Passes to the Toronto Zoo, one (1) family membership to the Gardiner Museum, two (2) passes to a drop-in clay class, and one (1) Kids Can Press Prize Pack. The runner up prize winner will receive: one (1) family membership to the Gardiner Museum and two (2) passes to a drop-in clay class. The estimated value of the grand prize is $232 CDN. The runner up will receive: one (1) family membership to the Gardiner Museum and two (2) passes to the Gardiner Museum.
5. To be eligible for the prize, entries must be received on or before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on December 1, 2013. The Gardiner Museum Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any entries which are incomplete, lost, destroyed, delayed, or not transmitted due to technical failure, however caused. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. All photo submissions must be original content attributed to the entrant, and without copyright.
6. Selection Process: 10 photos will be randomly selected for semi-finals. Participants who submitted these 10 photos will be notified that their photos have been randomly selected for the semi-finals. Semi-final photos will be uploaded to an official contest album on the Gardiner Museum’s Facebook page. The photo with the most number of Facebook “likes” will be determined as the Grand Prize Winner. The photo with the second highest number of Facebook “likes” will be determined as the runner-up winner. In the event of a tie, the two photos will be subject of another Facebook vote, with the winner determined by the greatest number of “likes”.
The winners will be notified by e-mail within 72 hours of the contest close. In the event that winners do not comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations, or cannot be contacted within 72 hours of the draw, that selection shall be void with no further obligation to the selected entrant and an alternate entrant will be selected from the remaining entries. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received. The prizes must be accepted as awarded, may not be sold, are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Gardiner Museum Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any portion of the prize with a prize of approximately equal value in the Gardiner Museum Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, acting reasonably. All applicable federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Eligibility: This Contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario only, and excluding employees of the Gardiner Museum, the Contest Sponsors and their respective fulfillment, interactive, advertising and promotional agencies, persons with whom any of the above are domiciled and/or members of their respective immediate families.
8. The Gardiner Museum Contest Sponsors shall not be liable for the use or misuse of the Prize. The Gardiner Museum Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for the participation in the contest, or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage or personal injury that may be sustained by either the winner of the Prize.
9. Participation in the contest constitutes permission to the Gardiner Museum and their agencies to use the name, photograph and/or likeness of the winner for purposes of promotion, advertising, and trade without further compensation.
10. By participating in this contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The Gardiner Museum Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest nor will any responsibility be taken for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by the Sponsors, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the contest. The Gardiner Museum Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the Contest Sponsors’ control, corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the contest. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice or to change the Rules and Regulations. Contact or correspondence will occur only with selected entrants. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and regulations.